For the mulukhiah ice cream:
1. Prepare the beef broth. Stock can be made weeks in advance.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the beef broth, glucose and mushrooms and reduce over medium-high heat until concentrated and thickened. skim the foam from time to time.
3. In a frying pan, heat the butter and sauté the garlic, mulukhiyah and coriander seeds for one minute.
4. Add this to the broth and cook for another minute and allow the flavor to infuse; strain before serving.
For the braised lamb neck:
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and sear the meat until browned.
2. Add thyme, bay leaves, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon sticks and broth; cook with the lid on.
3. Bake at 90°C for four hours and season accordingly.
4. Shred the meat from the bone; keep it aside.
For the Freekeh risotto:
1. Heat the butter in a pressure cooker until golden.
2. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, then the freekeh and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add broth and season with salt and pepper.
4. Pressure cook the freekeh for 15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and pour in the white grape juice; adjust the seasoning accordingly.
6. Place the meat on the risotto, sprinkle with walnuts and fried onions. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was part of Dubai Ramadan Recipe Guide.
Recipe courtesy: Orfali Bros
Share your recipes with us at [email protected]